Saturday, July 16, 2011

My first days in Budapest left me with feelings that were really hard to put into words and sentences. The combination of jet lag and heat unrelieved by air conditioning left a hazy water color like vision that I wanted to share so that my fellow travelers could not just experience the places I went and saw but also the feel of them. A second dimension sort of to supplement the concrete.
Reflections on Budapest. My half closed eyes see the beauty of Paris stained with the crumbling ancient feeling of Venice. A city left for too long to keep herself in fading elegance in spite of a communist scourge that left beauty to crumble and culture to wither The mirror of time casts new light into dark corners. The resplendent past is gentrified into hope for a better future for a new generation of children.

No comments:

Post a Comment