Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A WALK THROUGH A MEMORY SOAKED IN BLOOD

Which one could be my mother, my sister or me?All of them and each of them.

What is there to say?

JEWS NOT SERVED HERE!
THIS PLACE IS JEW FREE!

AMEN!
Spent Sunday afternoon at the Hungarian Holocaust Museum. This was not something I would ever choose to do but was hosting dear ones from Miami who wanted to go and so we did.
I've been to my fill of testamentary monuments, attempting to make sense of the incomprehensible. Auschwitz, Bergen-Belsen and US Holocaust Museum filled my quota of exposure to abject evil and the horrors of a world plunged into total darkness.

The museum dioramas here were organised in powerful muti media displays which placed the observer into the scenes of devastation surrounded by the unmistakeable sounds of stamping boots and screaming people and breaking glass.

There really are no words to express my feelings as I walked this gauntlet surrounded by the signs and symbols of ungodly unbounded hatred.

Instead, I simply offer you the photos and comments that made the deepest impression on me.
Yes Eli Weisel. NEVER

No comments:

Post a Comment